Friday 3 November 2017

To seek

"I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment." – Ezekiel 34.16

It seems logical that God would just give up on people eventually, doesn’t it? If nobody is going to listen why waste our time.

We are fortunate though that God it not me. God says, even in this rebellious land, ‘I will seek what was lost. I will bring back the driven away. I will bind up the broken hearted. I will strengthen the sick.’

God is still in the seeking business. It is not His desire that anyone should perish. God does not stop seeking, even to this day, and even till the Day of the Lord appears.

In a world which seems more and more determined to reject Him He does not change His desire to see all people come to Christ. Jesus came ‘to seek and to save that which was lost’ and He uses to us to carry that message to all around us.


Lord, give us seeker’s hearts like Your heart. 

No comments: