Wednesday 13 December 2017

The Lord will do great things

Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. – Joel 2.21

Fear not. Are those words not applicable to us today? There are plenty of reasons for us to be afraid it seems. The news is just crazy. Every time I turn the news on I wonder ‘what’s next?’

I also have some things in the future that I don’t know how I am going to work them out. Sometimes these things can get into my head and I can’t shake them.

These are the kinds of things that we all can have to deal with at times. They are just part of life.

We can’t afford though to let these things stop us or discourage us or get us down. If we look at them we aren’t going to get anything done because we are so focused on what we can’t do that we can’t see what God can do.


I am not sure why we get caught in that trap. It’s not like God doesn’t promise us over and over and over and over again that He is mighty and He with us and He holds our hands and nothing in impossible with Him and that He can do things that we can’t even imagine. Many of us trust Him for eternity – so why can’t we trust Him for tomorrow? 

No comments: