Thursday 18 January 2018

I change not

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. – Malachi 3.6

While Malachi has a lot of statements about the state of the people, it has several wonderful things to say about God. I think one of the greatest blessing of the attributes of God is His immutability – His unchangeableness – the fact that He does not change.

Why is this such a big deal? It means the God I serve today is the exact same God who said ‘let there be light’ and then there was light. He is the same God who parted the Red Sea. He is the same God who fed 5000 from a boy’s lunch. He is the same God who healed the sick and made the lame whole and raised the dead. He is the same God who has provided for and cared to me all my life. He is the same God who has carried me through every trial of life. He is the Lord. He does not change. Jesus is the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

Since that is the case how can I fear the present or the future? Is He all of a sudden going to fail me?


No, He is the Lord. He will not change. I can trust Him to care for me today and in the future just like He has cared for me all along. 

No comments: