Wednesday 3 January 2018

I'm just gonna sit here and watch

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. – Habakkuk 2.1

There is a lot of waiting around to see what God is going to do among the prophets. Just a couple of days ago we read about waiting on God, but I like the way Habakkuk puts it. You can almost sense a little bit of attitude.

‘You know what? I can’t figure this out. I know God can’t bear evil and yet evil is rampant. I don’t understand how God can use the really evil Chaldeans to punish the less evil Judah. So I am just going to stop and watch and wait for an answer.’

I have to say that I admire that kind of spirit. I have said before that there are things about the future that make ne anxious. After all these years I can still fret and worry about things I have no control over.

When I can’t see an answer, indeed, when we can’t see an answer there is something we can do.


We can get over ourselves, sit back, and watch to see what God is going to do. That’s not my cuppa tea, but I know that it is the thing to do. Do what we can. Then watch, wait, and rely on God and who He is. 

No comments: