Wednesday 9 May 2018

Go

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. – Matthew 28.18-20

Farewell addresses are well known in history. They are the paring words that everyone is going to remember. They are usually some of the most important words the person will ever say.

Jesus words were no less important. His final instructions, His last words were to all His followers.

‘Go,’ Jesus said, ‘into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.’

There is no other way the world is going to hear the gospel if someone doesn’t go and tell them. There are not going to be signs in the sky or flashed of light or some kind of implanted knowledge. It is up to you and me to share the good news of salvation in Christ alone. I was saved because I heard the gospel over and over again as a child and so when the Holy Spirit worked in my heart I was ready to accept Christ as my Saviour. That is the way it has happened since day one.

I don’t always understand all the ins and outs of Calvinism, but I do know that Jesus told us to go because ‘how will they hear without a preacher?’

We must go and we must tell others about our Saviour.  

No comments: